Thursday, August 27

Woodless Color Pencils and Another Pen to Try


I had never used woodless color pencils before and saw them in the school supplies area - so I though I would (wood, haahahaha) give them a try.  I bought Koh-I-Noor's brand and am very happy with them.  They are soft core, very smooth and blend easily.  I use a Prismacolor Colorless Blender with them, but find that they blend so well, just layering them is sometimes all they need.


I also found a new Recollections pen to love - the opaque white gel pen, medium nib. It has a smooth consistency, much more like a paint pen but a little chalky like pastel, but liquid. I found mine at Michaels.com and it will be really awesome coming up for a book review I have been waiting to give more art time and study to: Beautiful Faces, by Jane Davenport.  She has so, so, so many art supplies and has her favorite white pens, I am sure, but this one is worthy of her art supply lists, in my opinion.  Want the book?  Check out my Art by the Page blog to watch a video review of one of the book's gorgeous step-by-step demonstrations with link to her Youtube channel - for her online classes!

Happy creating!!



Koh-I-Noor Progresso 24 Woodless Color Pencil Set
Drawing and Painting Beautiful Faces: A Mixed-Media Portrait Workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment